Wednesday, August 12, 2009

No scratching!

How am I supposed to focus on my thesis with this ringworm and bug bites? I have thrush too, but luckily it is not itchy, just painful. LP asked to nurse but I figured it would be a particularly bad idea with the thrush. So I have been instead been feeding his doll, Gus. Although perhaps that confuses him because we told him Gus can only drink water, hoping to avoid any more milk pouring by LP on Gus. In the past 2.5 weeks, I've been using fluconazole (and I'm on it again!), clotrimazole, and miconazole. What is wrong with me, and more importantly why don't we have medicines that work faster? Last time gentian violet killed the thrush for both of us, but I hate to stain everybody purple while ELP is still small and having visitors and pictures all of the time. If I put it on my ringworm maybe I should make some cool design. Anyway for now ELP is on nystatin for thrush, and now I'm doing once-a-week dosing fluconazole for 4 weeks. Hopefully that will kill everything, although I guess it won't do much for the bug bites on my legs . . .

Itch itch itch!!! arrgggh! No touching the ringworm!

ELP can lift her head during tummytime, and is awake maybe a couple of hours a day.

No comments: